Objectives – by the end of the unit, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors that motivate and de-motivate adults in Scouting.
- Explain the importance of acknowledging good work carried out in local Scouting, and outline a range of ways to do this, including through local events and the national Scout adult award scheme.
- Explain how the development of adult volunteers is supported by identifying their needs and encouraging them to complete formal training requirements, learn on the job and try out new skills.
- Understand how to allocate appropriate tasks to people within local Scouting using the principles of delegation, and monitor the progress of those tasks.
- Explain the role of formal and informal reviews in volunteer retention and management.